View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 04:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lily, Iv been told its all in my head. It is in a way as I was having brain inflammation that was making some of the same symptoms you stated.

I was diagnosed with Schitzophrenia, then schitzoaffective. I was also a hypocondriac running back and forth to doctors to figure out why I had been showing symtoms of stroke. To make a long story short. I knew that the problem was that thease doctors would think I was krazy and seeking attention. I couldnt convince them that this was not my normal behavior.

Since nobody listens to a person who is delutional I enlisted the help of my ex husband who knew me like 20 years. Since I was either a drunk Indian, krazy, mentally retarted (I was really messed up neurologically speaking) that I was treated like a child and sent home.

He would come with me right into the exam room. He would tell the doctor he has known me a long time, I was not drunk, on drugs. He said this was not normal for me to seek attention by going to a ER. He would state the symtoms he seen and also past episodes of medical complaints. That I was always a hard working person for years and in the past year went down hill with health problems. They hindered my hobbies like gardening so forth.

I also asked for a drug test to prove I was not drunk and they gave me one to rule out this. I also found a report of my grades from collage long while back showing my very high grade average, I slowly said "Im not retarted".

this got the ball rolling and a CAT scan, also a old doc there to look over my chart. They ruled out health stuff like my arteries being clogged and cutting off O2 to me so on. The I was admitted and several tests with a MRI that showed I had scars.

since Iv been treated for MS with Copaxone its very interesting as I have not had mania type behaviors or anything since.

Your correct when you say your behavior is or could be part of the symptoms of something.

If you have someone that knows you well, knows that your not a career hypocontriac, can sit in with you that may help a lot. It did me, seams family members can make a big difference in how your treated during a exam.

good luck and hope you get some answers Lily
junebug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote