View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had microsurgery on my back and my back is fine now but it did not help my legs at all. I was prediabetic when my legs started bothering me. It started with tingling and numbness in my feet and hands at night, then numbness in right big toe and the toe next to that one then skin sensitivity in both feet and calfs that persist into daytime. I have gone low carb 8 months ago and it seems to help because I no longer have the tingling and numbness at night and my toes are only slightly numb in the morning. From what I see on this forum I think the prediabetes could have caused this even though my neuro says no. I told him my sugar spikes even doing low carb to 160 an hour after meals sometimes and he did not think that could cause this. Right know the thing that bothers me is the skin sensitivity in my legs, my skin is sensitive to any brushing like from clothes and seems not to get any better and is has gone up both legs. I also get a burning feeling in my right calf muscle and upper leg muscle. I hope continued sugar control and supplements will heal this too.
Richie Rich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote