10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygopetalum View Post
I guess I will give up.
Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygopetalum View Post
Icehouse, can i adopt you?
yeah, like you want a 38 yr old divorced alcoholic with a cane as a kid....

Anyway, like JO said, when a web page is created there a several ways to post email information. The simplest is to just have your email displayed as text on the web page as people can copy and paste the email address into their own email program (Outlook, Windows Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc) or the email address on the web page can be made to be a link. That means when someone hovers their mouse over the email link on the website and click it opens that particular computers default email program (normally Outlook).

NOW, this can be changed easily. This change is done in the web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) Go to the OPTIONS menu in the browser and look for the Application or Email tab. In there you will see an option for email (mailto) and the default program, change this to whatever you like. I know that Firefox has options for like Gmail and Yahoo...

Then, once you have made that change, you will be able to click on any email link in a website and your email program will open.

But, if you dont have Administrator rights on the computer (your sister) you may not be able to do that. Give it a try though.

SOOOO, if you dont, here is another fix, but not for the faint of heart. Change the administrator password yourself.

If you have the Windows CD....keep reading....if not, then forget about it...

-------------------------------

- Boot using Windows XP Setup CD
- When it asks to repair your existing Windows installation, accept it and press "R" to run the repair.
- Setup will start repairing your Windows and will start copying files, etc.
- Setup will restart your system and when it restarts don't press any key when it shows "Press any key to continue..."
- A small progressbar with a few details will do its thing, when it shows "Installing devices", press <Shift>+F10 keys in your keyboard.
- It'll open a Command Prompt window. Now type nusrmgr.cpl and press the <Enter> key.
- This will open the User Accounts window where you can reset the password for the Administrator and any other user on the computer.

When thats done either log into the Administator account (your sister) or whatever...

Um, enjoy!!

If you just had a brain aneurysm I am sorry...
Icehouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-25-2012)