View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 03:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Has anyone suggested changing to something besides the Depakote? It causes drowsiness and can cause chills.

Many here use amitriptyline for PCS head aches. A dose of 10 to 25 mgs has shown to be helpful.

Have you tried anything to see if your head aches are upper neck related? The muscles that connect between the cervical vertebra and the skull, especially behind the ears, can spasm and cause head aches.

Many of us wear sun glasses and even hats to lessen the impact of bright lights.

Have you tried a combination of Tylenol and aspirin at max doses of each to help with the head aches. Depakote is a very strong med for just head aches.
Mark,

I do use sunglasses anytime I step outside the house, sometimes inside the house if I use the computer. My neuro put me on the depakote, and since it is a work comp situation I have to follow his instructions or get screwed. That's one of the situations I'm wondering about, if a work comp attorney can get me a different doctor, or at least get me a second look. No one has mentioned my neck; I've had a CT and an MRI on my head, but I don't think they got the neck in there. This is foreign territory; I'm 46 and never missed work for more than a couple of days due to illness. Never been unemployed more than a couple weeks. I'm doing ok now, the short term is paying 100% until June, and hopefully by then I'll be ok, but I'm wondering if I need to consult an attorney now anyway, just in case.
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote