View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
wdl6591,

You misunderstand suicidal thoughts. They are symptoms of depression and often are not controllable. Instead of a buck up and stop the suicidal thoughts, professional help is suggested. Concussion often can cause or contribute to depression. It is important to get professional help to understand the difference between the occasional frustrated "I'm tired of this. Why should I go on" and those invasive thoughts that can over-ride rational thinking.

Fats have value to the brain. There is no need to add extra fats but meat protein is valuable to the injured brain.
Mark,

Having suffered from depression most of my life, been in treatment for the last 9+ years and been inpatient and outpatient as well; I understand suicidal thoughts all too well. As you suggest, there is a huge difference to feeling like you can't go on (which is what I picked up from the post) and having suicidal thoughts. I have never "felt" suicidal. I have had suicidal thoughts.
You are correct in that PCS can contribute to depression, and that professional help is extremely important.
Everything I hve read says to cut out unnecessary sugars and fats. It is almost impossible to cut out all.

wdl6591
wdl6591 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote