View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

By not lifting do you mean I can't do exercise bands in my basement either? I asked my concussion doctor about it and he said I should be fine because it puts a lot less pressure on the brain then weights..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl6591 View Post
There are lots of great posters here to document all of the PCS symptoms, treatments, etc. I'm 4 mos into this. History of concussions, etc. This is the first time I've had to deal with PCS. Everybody is different, but for me; here goes.

Get as much "good" rest as possible. Quiet, dark room, etc.
Stick to a good diet. Stay away from sugars, fats, etc.
Be gentle with the exercise. I'm also a lifter and its hard to let it go, but it is necessary. Walk. Increase your distances gradually. Don't overdo it.

When you feel ready, lift light for short sets. It will feel silly and worthless. So be it. Very gradually increase reps to sets, staying light. If you overdo the physical (as well as the mental) exercise, you will pay for it with set-backs and increased symptom severity.

It is hard to accept. This is what you are dealing with now. It is NOT permanent.

Lose the suicide thoughts. You've worked too hard to get where you are and will be again. Use your family and friends for support, sometimes it will seem they care more about you than you care about yourself.

Good Luck to you.
penguinsfan7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote