View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 05:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yep, have this a LOT. Had more trouble with it at the beginning, and I was also very anxious and panicky about it, like if I don't take care of my family, WHO IS GOING TO???

Turns out, God can keep the world running just fine with or without me

A wise woman said to me, what would you tell a friend of yours who had this happen to her? Would you yell at her and tell her to get her s**t together and get back to work? No, you would tell her she's doing the best she can and she should take care of herself and do whatever she can whenever she can (and not worry about the rest). And that's what you should tell yourself too.

I'm trying to do that. Some days are easier than others.

Trying to push through and completely melting down several times is helping to convince me that it's the right thing to do. I'm having to face my limitations.

As much as I hate to admit it, being mean to myself or feeling guilty just doesn't do anybody any good. Being gentle with myself and taking time and space to heal ends up helping everybody more. I'm able to do more for myself and others when I feel better, and I feel better when I'm gentle with myself and take care of myself.

God has funny ways of teaching us stuff. At least he didn't have to make me think I was a cow for seven years like he did Nebuchadnezzar?

Was experiencing:
Persistent headaches, fatigue, slowed cognitive functions, depression
Symptoms exacerbated by being in a crowd, watching TV, driving, other miscellaneous stress & sensory overload
Sciatica/piriformis syndrome with numbness & loss of reflex

Largely recovered after participating in Nedley Depression Recovery Program March 2012:

Eowyn Rides Again: My Journey Back from Concussion

Eowyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Margarite (06-06-2012)