View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I personally have had a HUGE increase in liver enzymes while on Betaseron, and it was so high that I scared the nurse at the MS clinic. So, while HE may not know anyone who had it, YOU DO! I did not feel sick, and my liver healed quickly after the drug was removed. The liver can be 80% gone and still work effectively. it was scary, but I recovered. I too went onto Copaxone and felt HORRIBLE. I couldnt think, I was exhausted, my dents were getting bigger by the day, I had such mental confusion and psoriasis that went wild I chose to stop taking it.

There are two MDs in my neuro office. the first guy is a rude pig! When I was being dxd with MS he said "you are too old to have MS." and treated me like I was whining. When I complained of a pain in both legs, he went on to lecture me about how far that lesion would have to travel to affect both legs. I said "what if I have 2 lesions?" he didnt have an answer for that. I felt dismissed, and was treated like a whiner, even with a firm Dx in hand, he would speak over me and say "if it were MY office, we would NOT have dxd you with MS, but if they want to stretch the truth at Dartmouth to make you fit in their category, I will have to accept their findings.

The 2nd guy is nice, he listens, he is gentle, and when I say NO MORE! he says "that's your right." he went on to explain that while they would prefer that I was on a drug therapy, they understood why i had stopped. Clearly I cant take interferon, and if I felt so badly on copaxone, then it wasn't worth it.

Can you see a new neuro? are there any MS clinics near you? Medicare WILL pay for your MRI and the new neuro, and I know this because they pay for mine. So far I have refused their drugs, I refuse to do an MRI every six months, I refuse to take drugs that are so dangerous that the side effects are worse than the disease, and I will continue to be a stubborn, worried, proactive patient. With or without an MD that believes in me, or treats me like a whiny little cry baby.

Im sorry that yours is a nut job. its his job to SERVE your needs! Its NOT his job to make you feel worse about your situation. I would call a patient advocate if he is attached to a hospital, and would call a new neuro is he isnt.

Your concerns are valid and you deserve to have them taken seriously.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-25-2012), clarkstar (03-05-2012), ewizabeth (02-25-2012), ginnie (02-26-2012), Jappy (02-27-2012), Jomar (02-25-2012), Kitty (02-25-2012), Lynn (03-02-2012), misshayleesmom (02-25-2012)