View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome! I am also mostly at the Weight Support board often but linger here too.
How to deal with pain day in and out? Gosh, you know if I think about it, I am not sure how I do it every day. I just take it day by day and do what I can depending on how I feel and what are my symptoms for that day. Like today, I was up to cleaning the apartment. Tomorrow however I may pay for doing just that. Tonight might also cause me trouble.

Okay serious now, I make sure I take my meds everyday eventhough my levels are low. I speak up for myself when I have to. It could be to doctors, friends, family, the neighborhood dog, whoever. If I am in pain and I can't do something I say I can't do it. If they don't like it, they can go and pound sand.
Sometimes you need to take a step back from everyone and evaluate yourself to make sure you are not overdoing for people. YOU come first...remember that!!!
The best and last thing I can recommend to you is coming here. Here we don't discriminate, we understand. You don't need to explain your pains just that you are in pain and need someone to vent to. You can complain about some person that is bugging you here. And most of all you have support and understanding.
I am glad you found us! Please come back whenever you want!

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (01-05-2009)