Thread: scared
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi sadkell

Welcome to Neruo Talk. I am glad you found this site. You will find some people who have had lost of hospital visits. Much of what happens in a hospital depends on what you are going there for. I have had mulitpal surgeries, at several different hospital centers in my neck of the woods. I have to tell you not to be afraid. Most of the time, they really do look after you, and they explain any proceedures you have to go through. You can ask questions. There is even a hosptial advocasy person who you can talk to if you need help. They are there to help you get better. Sleep can be a problem. They do wake you up for blood pressure and sometimes early in the morning for blood work. Most of the time these blood samples do not hurt much. I have even sent them away and told them to come back at a reasonable hour! Ask your doctor some of your questions. Allow the doctor who wants to admit you to a hosptial, some of your concerns and questions. Write down any worries you have, and let your doctors address those issues.
I have had some very serious surgery. I was treated very good with little bad to report. Once in awhile, there is an issue. If you speak up for yourself, any of the problems that can occur can be resolved. Don't be afraid to speak up.
Let us know if we can help you more. I do wish you all the best. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote