View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm not aware of any such list, though we could have a stab at making one! I think it's right that with some sports it will depend on the context. Skiing sounds dangerous to me but I guess on the occasions when I skiied I was a bit of reckless teenager always trying to do jumps and black runs. If one was to ski in a more mellow way then I guess it would be pretty safe.

The sport I wonder about sometimes that I may or may not be able to do at some point in the future is cricket. I realise a mainly American board is not the best place to ask about this but if anyone has any thoughts I'd be interested to hear them.

I doubt I'd be playing at a high enough level to be hit by a bouncer, so I think I'd be more worried about collisions in the field. My current thinking is that no it's probably not quite risk-free enough but it is something I'd enjoy, that I was good at at school and which is not a 'contact sport' and so might just be ok. I would say it is less risky than baseball.

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote