Thread: Leg ulcers
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Leg ulcers

Can anyone help me by telling me how to treat leg ulcers? I need practical help on what to put on them, if there is a special way to dress them, etc. I've just started getting them on my leg.

I know most of the advice will be to speak to my consultant or my doctor, but I only see my consultant once every 3 months & all you get is a 30 min max treatment time, during which he has to deal with all the other problems with RSD, both in my arm as well as my leg (possibly my neck now too). As to my doctor, I'm with one of the best GP's (general practitioner) in my area, she doesn't really know what to do cos of the RSD. Her advice has been mainly to dress the wound with lint & germaline (antiseptic cream) & hope it clears up. I have no access to a nurse (they're not much better than the doctor anyway, cos all they do is refer you back to the GP)

My daughter is my career & she's going nuts trying to find any help on the internet. It keeps saying cut down salt, don't eat canned foods or certain veg, all of which I don't eat anyway, as she makes all our food from fresh stuff (I'm gluten & lactose intolerant) so we don't have any salt other than what is in food naturally. No where seems to give practical help on treating or dressing them.

Please any help would be gratefully received as I really don't need these on top of my flare up, whilst trying to cope with this spreading. Thank you in advance
cinders999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote