View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredsilly View Post
So who was the lucky doctor in the end who saved you ?
Hello, I was actually the "lucky" one by far! But, I was actually originally diagnosed by an orthopedic shoulder doc, but for a variety of reasons I didnt have him do the surgery. Then less than 2 wks later, when I thought I had seen every doctor possible w/in 200 miles, my mom had found a Vascular Surgeon that had just started working at a hospital down the street from me. He is incredibly knowledgable, has a wonderful bedside manner, and made me feel overwhelmingly comfortable with the surgery (up to that point the surgery terrified me but I needed it so bad). So, to answer the question, my surgeon was done by a Vascular Surgeon. I felt comfortable with that as well not only because he personally made me feel at ease with the surgery, but a rib resection and scalenectomy are high risk surgeries with respect to our vascular structures as well as nerves, specifically the Brachial Plexus. Vascular surgeons and docs that are used to maneuvering around tiny and incredibly fragile structures are great choices for this type of surgery in my book! But that isnt to say that other types of surgeons cant do an amazing job, throughout my search I saw many surgeons in a variety of specialties all whom had done TOS surgeries and had great track records; my case was so complicated it seemed to have scared off many docs. That is why I am curious what response other people are getting out there!

LOL, I guess I could have answered your question in a single word, but I tend to be longwinded...I do hope that I answered your question however!
Kerryucialumni is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote