View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 05:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had a 1st rib resection and and resection of the scaleme muscle i also had some fibrous bands removed. During the surgery my surgeon cut the lymph gland and also damaged the thoracic nerve this resulted in an etended operation of several hours. I also had a partially collapsed lung. My hospital stay was extended from 2 days to over a week and the recovery period has been horrendous, this is the worst surgery i have ever had with the most pain!!
It is six weeks since my surgery i still have major swelling on my wound and have winging of the left scapular with severe pain. I am still taking pain relief and muscle relaxants and use a hot water bottle for bed and sometimes during the day. I am due to return to my full time office job this week but as yet feel unable to do so.
I have bilateral Neurogenic TOS and was due to have surgery on my right side depending on the outcome of this surgery i am not having this done and my surgeon is not willing to operate either so will try to manage with physio. I also have complete numbness on the wound and surrounding tissue which is permanent and have slight numbness and tingling on my forearm and fingers. I also have a small plural effusion and have some difficulty taking a breathe!!!!!. PLease consider all options before surgery.

All the best from a fellow TOSer
debbietellez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nospam (04-28-2012)