View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 10:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Dear Nathan,
Take your meds exactly as prescribed. Missing the meds on a day or two here or there can cause big problems.
Listen to your boyfriend. He cares about you and is giving you good advice.
You can pull through this.
M.
Hi, Marie. Thanks for the reply. The trazodone is what worries me- because it just says "1 or 2 pills as needed." Does that mean that apparently I take it often enough that now I "need" it every night? It isn't that I take my meds "willy-nilly". Its just that I forget sometimes. SOMEtimes. I'm pretty good about it, actually.

I guess I will call the dr. tomorrow again. I asked BF tonight what he thought I should do- if I should consider it a brain malfunction because of the meds or what. He said he didn't know anything about meds, but that he thinks I need to fix what needs fixed in my life- meaning I need my own place and a good-paying job. The thing is, this is a depressed episode I guess. Mostly, I am just fine. I am happy with my job, and the people in it. I feel productive with creative endevors.... It just doesn't add up to enough money to live on my own. And at 35 I really need to do that. He did point out that I've been in a bad marriage, divorced, and then living with my irking mother.... (I'm sitting there listening thinking "Wow. He knows more about me than I thought-- or rather, than he's ever said in one sitting!") He also said the baseline of your brain gets set to "depressed" and it needs to be reset by more happy events. I think it gets practiced chemically to "go there". Why it is still able to "go there" when I'm on meds to physically make it NOT go there, I don't know. I for sure, have not missed my celexa lately. Gosh- my breasts are making colostrum again- and they said that's from the celexa!

Anyway, he is going through changes in his life too and is realizing that he/we just watch tv every night after work (I go over to his place several nights a week), none of this work will get done.

Off to take meds. I haven't visited this board in ages. I think I'll go poke around for a few....