View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well we are considerably past some of the ideas but we have done those and sometimes helpful. His ability to manipulate adults is beyond what most can even fathom. I've done my own advocating for 12 years, I got him in the ED class after a lot of sitting on school officials. He only cooperates if he gets a reward. He broke things, vandalized my house and attacked me twice this weekend. Police were finally called.

They are recommending boarding school or making him a ward of the state. The psych unit won't allow him there anymore because he manipulated all the staff, teen girls and was super charming and well behaved when confronted(a game he plays).

So we are talking to boarding schools, we don't like the ward idea at all. For now he has zero privileges until he cooperates with meds. Calling psych in the morning, clearly meds stopped working. We'be split him from his siblings so he can't manipulate me and his dad by going after them.

It's not my favorite way to go but he is 40% disorder and 60% deliberate and calculated behavior. So we are doing all we can to allow the situation to remain calm and not give him space to play games. The teacher is struggling because he is being dangerous in the classroom.

We will get thru this but he has clearly stated he wants to stop meds only because he doesn't think he needs them anymore. After this weekend its clear he does but he cant see it. Sad to watch this go down, he's such a bright, creative, talented, good kid but he has to take his meds.

Thanks all