View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 08:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Spinal Cord Stimulation for PN

Hello, I am a newbie here so please be patient if I make any mistakes. I know there are rules to every forum, so if I break one, bring it to my attention and I promise not to repeat it!

I developed PN from a botched lumbar fusion in 2002. I had four level cervical fusion and four level lumbar fusion with instrumentation ten days apart. Shortly after, I developed a horrific burning, crawling, electrical, freezing, tingling in my feet. After approaching my dr. about it, he actually told me he cut into the nerves (mistakenly) in my spine. I have been suffering terribly ever since. I take many, many medications and recently had a spinal cord stimulator implanted to control the discomfort. Good news, my feet are 90% improved. Bad news, I am having terrible pain where the actual "brain" is implanted in my hip. It appears that the "box" has moved up into my waistline. I am having awful muscle spasms and pain in that area.

My question is: has anyone had a stimulator implanted and if so, did you have any complications, and what was done to resolve them?

Thanks so much! Jana
janaatl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote