Old 04-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Multiple diagx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise4777 View Post
Thank you all. I had my MRIs (2 full hours of them - brain, cervical, and thoracic, with and without contrast) and ever since then I have been in pain. I'm not saying their related, but just a coincidence. Anyway, I have had horrible upper back spasms, painful burning shoulder, upper arm and forearm, and tingling in my fingers. I also have had tingling patches of skin all over - the side of my leg, the arch of my foot, the side of my head. I have my EMG tomorrow so hopefully I will get my MRI results and blood test results tomorrow as well.

I have a question though - did you start medication before your official diagnosis? I'm just going to insist that I get something to treat my symptoms tomorrow at my appointment.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...light=symptoms

Louise, this diagx I am posting mimics various symptoms and problems, it is generally made when other things are ruled out.
But, you could have two diagx too...
Read some of this and the forum to see if it fits your situation.

I am posting as you mention the ring and pinkie finger and that is classic to thoracic outlet syndrome ie) brachial plexapathy. The spasms, sore shoulder, traveling to the ring and pinkie are some of the symptoms. The nerve compression is in the area behind the collar bone and in front of the first rib. The symptoms can be anywhere there is a hinges, as the elbow, shoulder, wrist or CT.

This is not diagx with an MRi typically unless a pro doc does a brachial plexus 3-D MRI, maybe it could show, or in the later stages it can affect the nerves that are tested by EMG. TYpically the smaller nerves are the first affected and unable to test by EMG.
I some people they ahve extra cervical ribs or misshaped ribs, even larger collar bone that compresses the nerves as they pass from the certvical spine across the trapoizus into the arm and hands.

I hope you can find relief. I found valium for the muscle spasms helps.
Dianne
DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote