View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Ooo eye induced hearing sensations

I have developed a strange aural sensation that I hear when I move my eyes left and right from center, or up from horizontal. It can best be dscribed as a low volume, lower frequency swishing sound. I could also be described as the low frequency sound you might get from drawing two rubber bands across each other, like a bow and string on a violin. The onset was about one month
ago, with no preceding event. It is distracting and I saw a GP who referred me to an ENT. The ENT performed a physical for possible inner ear infections, and an audiologist performed a hearing test. Nothing remarkable. So now I have just had an MRI done and results are still pending.
First, if anyone has had this sensation, please tell me your experiences. This is not a hallucination, it is not tinnitus. I can induce the sensation. It is distracting and a little troublesome to deal with. Until I find out more from the medical professionals, I would like to hear if this is rare, uncommon or there are others who have or are experiencing this
Steve C is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote