View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Soma

Nice to meet you, and sorry that you have found this site under these circumstances.

I am not able to help you too much, other than to say that the brain is an amazing organ, and the recovery, although very slow can be surprising. If your dad is getting physiotherapy, then they will know the best way to help him to recover function.

You can probably help him by talking to him, encouraging him to do some word finding exercises (like simple find-a-words and easy crosswords) and by helping him with the physical exercises he has been given.

This is a scary time for you. Take everything slowly as he will probable be incredibly tired. I have heard that the blood reabsorption is irritating like sandpaper to sensitive brain tissue. I have also read that it can take more than two years before maximum recovery is made.

Just be there to help him as much as you can (ask his physio if there are things you can do with him) and to love him. It is a long road, and I wish you and your dad all the best with it. Keep in touch and tell us how he is going.

Regards

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote