View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Nutrients are only one part of PN.

I don't recall if you have had the autoimmune/antibody panels done?
They may be next. I was hoping it was a simple case of B12 deficiency. I hadn't eaten much meat in 15 years, had gut issues, etc.

I've been gluten-free for six mos but it hasn't helped. Gluten-free, diary-free, sugar-free, soda-free, etc.

Here are the details (attached).

The calcium is interesting, incidentally, since I haven't had a drop of milk in six months. (I switched to Almond Milk and Soy Milk.) I also don't take Ca supplements, because of all the problems that can cause. So much for the milk-calcium ads! I got all my Ca from vegetables and beans.

I was a little surprised about the Mg. I thought it would be higher.

I'm very happy with the Vit-D. I used to be low, but I tanned every sunny day this summer for half an hour, when possible, without any sunscreen (damn the fearmongers!) and since then took 2,000 mg to 5,000 mg daily.

The Vit-A, Copper, and Zinc are a pleasant surprise, because I haven't taken many supplements. Must have got enough from good organic food.

Next I'm looking into inflammation testing. The ND referred me to a local MD. Should be able to get free testing.

When I get healthy, I'm going to be really healthy! :-)

P.S. I lost 25 lbs this year. I don't know if that affected my results in any way (or released toxins from the fat which worsened PN).
Attached Thumbnails
My Spectracell Results - Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis Including B12-spectracell-jpg  

Last edited by NeuroLogic; 02-27-2012 at 03:28 PM.
NeuroLogic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote