View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Most definitely....

Search Dr. Becker Vet Mercola on YouTube. Lots of new videos on vaccine safety and feeding. The trend now is back to whole foods, and table food is okay as long as the vitamin intake from other foods balances. This is why I give taurine mixed in the tuna. Oreo is supposed to not lose weight so I give her more food than the others.

We don't season our meats, so when we cook chicken, I save some for the cats. They LOVE the rotisserie chicken from Costco...it does not have herbs or spices added, like some. They get salmon sometimes, sometimes Turkey, and canned tuna (not albacore) once a week with taurine I add to it. Houdini likes shrimp. When I have shrimp I give him one too. Sheba who lived to be 24, got shrimp daily as a treat. The tuna is the only thing Oreo does not barf up. But we only give it once a week or so.
So far they are rejecting Wellness and Wilderness canned.

We've switched to BlueBuffalo Wilderness kibble. It is high in protein for cats and grain free.

Our cats get some canned...wet also. I alternate 9 lives and Friskies special diet.

We used to use Eukanuba kibble. Both Sheba and Tippy lived long on that one. But we switched to wilderness kibble based on our son's experience with 3 indoor only fat cats. They are doing much better on it. Weezie has trimmed down a bit too.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (02-27-2012), Kitty (02-27-2012)