View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by painfree12 View Post
1) Please correct the following statement in your post:

"And lastly, a couple of points as far as Provigil is concerned: first, because its patent is expiring, the manufacturer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is pushing patients to a newly tweaked molecule of essentially the same drug, marketed under the name of Nuvigil"

Provigil and Nuvigil ARE NOT MANUFACTURED BY AVANIR PHARMA. They're products of Cephalon.

2) As you have mentioned Nuedexta does work for neuropathic pain. A large scale new trial is ongoing but still enrolling patients. For info please see Avanir ** for details.

3) The compounding pharmacy is breaking the law and is subject to prosecution and fines. Please remind your doctor you can obtain Nuedexta at a very good price by either using your insurance (millions of lives are covered) or if you can't afford it you can contact Avanir and they work with charities which provide assistance **

Thank you and good luck.
Dear Visitor -

1) The wonders of reputation.com, what can I say? Thank you for the clarification regarding the manufacturer of Provigil/Nuvigil, I had too many screens open at the time and confused it with the manufacturer of Nuedexta.

2) I look forward to reading the results of the pending study.

3) I fear you may have misread my post. My pharmacy is NOT compounding dextromethorphan HBr WITH quinidine sulfate - Avanir has a not entirely uncontroversial patent on that - but SOLELY dextromethorphan HBr, an OTC medication. How that steps on anyone's toes is beyond me. In fact, it's my understanding that the literature linking DM and quinidine goes back some time, to the point that I'm a little surprised the patent isn't subject to challenge for obviousness. Just kidding. At least I'm not one of those to-be-left-unnamed senior Members of Congress who - one fine morning a couple of years back - got out of bed with folks holding short positions on Avanir, inflammatory press-releases in hand. [Citation available upon request.] And as you may sense, I don't particularly like the hedge fund business.

Cheers!

Mike

- Walt Whitman

Last edited by fmichael; 02-27-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typos
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote