Thread: what a flare
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

fmichael,

I am new here and by no means an expert on meds. I am, nonetheless, very concerned about the number of meds you are on. Please excuse me If I am being intrusive but just coming off a similarly long laundry list of meds I cannot express how negatively they effected me mentally and cognitively. The meds had slowly been added over the years, predominantly by a psychiatrist. I now wish that I had listened to the advice of my pain management doctor to withdraw and then revisit what I really needed.

The only thing that finally forced me to come off meds was beginning tDCS. I wanted to know if the treatment could take the place of meds. The bonus was the rapid rebound of the cognitive issues that had dogged me.

Additionally the suggestion of my pain management doctor that narcotics would, in the long run, only serve to increase my neuropathic pain, in addition to causing other nasty long term issues, made me rethink things.

I see from other posts that you are considering tDCS. Maybe, in conjunction with tDCS, an outside opinion about your med list could be helpful.

Just a thought.
Best to you with tDCS.
CRPSjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote