View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Advice please....

Bryanna and crew~ I had my upper left wisdom tooth extracted nearly 4 months ago. I had it extracted due to pressure/discomfort in that area and after pan ex taken, it appeared there was bone loss around the tooth and since tooth was on an angle, should be take out. Well, it was taken out and all seemed fine.

Issue -- I am having on/off pressure in my left ear; in it and in front of it. The pressure is not constant but comes and goes. It is about the same as right before I had my tooth out. I have been to three ENTs. One said no sinus infection. One said possibly eustation tube dysfunction and yesterday the last one did a hearing test and thorough exam and said he thinks I am still healing from extraction and to just let my body heal. He said that there are a ton of nerves in that area and if I had a previous infection (bone loss?) at some point and then the extraction, that I could have some sensitivity in that area for quite a while and to just "tough it out." Do you think this is reasonable? Bryanna, have you heard of this? I have had a couple of x-rays of that extraction site since the extraction and two dentists and ENT say it looks good. The site is pretty healed from the outside now. I read about these bone infections....ost (something) and that concerns me. How does one know if they have this? IT sounds like it doesnt show on a typical x-ray. Should I go to an oral surgeon? I do not have a fever but am tired but I am also a bit depressed about this so maybe that is why I am tired. I am not sure if I keep searching for an answer or just, for once, trust in my body and give it time to heal. I am pretty sensitive to pain and my body.......

Any advice?

Thanks~
KrisPPP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote