View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi saffy

I have issues with this as well. I have been weened down on morphine, with all the side effects you described. I am a pain patient. I don't quite know the difference between addiction and this situation either. I was told I would not become addicted because I don't over use it, and take according todirectins at all time. My dr. just increased medications as I really do have a joint that needs to be replaced, and I am afraid to take them, because after the surgery, I will be taken off them with the whole terrible experience. I am afaid to up medication even though my pain has gone way up. I am always afraid he will begin to ween me down again. I feel like I am on a roller coaster with this. I know I need the mediation, but scared to take it, not knowing what my doctor will do. So instead I am shopping for a wheel chair. It seems i really do not have a good option. My ability to walk is compromised all together if I do not take these medications. The doctor only gave me enough of this new one percocet until I get the surgery, which I don't want to begin with. I am stuck not knowing what I should do. I know I am venting here, I am just plain scared, and can't seem to make any decision at all. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote