View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Ger

I had the same problem in the hospital after my spinal fusion. I was not getting enough to cut the pain as I was not receiving my usual amount to begin with. I wound up shaking, shivering, sweating, sick, the works. My surgeons nurse walks in and trys to tell me I am doing this to myself. I was too much in pain to respond to her much at all, I was furious! I thought hospitals had an obglitaion to make sure their patients are at least comfortable?. That night, I cried to my night nurse, a nice male nurse, He looked at my records and came in and said he understood why I was having so much trouble, that I had been on this medication for years. He gave me a shot of morphine, that allowed me relief, and I also watched the picture in front of me dance! He was the only who had mercy on me. It taught me a real lesson, that I need to address this with any physician before I submit to more surgery! The whole thing made me very angry. My pain was not controlled very well other than this night nurse. I now don't trust the hospitals to do the right thing by me. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote