View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 03:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Hello Jarrett622,

Sorry that you are in pain. I am new to this myself bit I am sure that others will come along who have much more experience of PN. One thing that I have learnt so far (and most of what I now know I have learnt from this Board) is that quite often no cause can be found for PN and it is classes at “idiopathic” PN. I am keen to find out the cause of my PN to the extent that the cause will/may determine the correct treatment. I do not know anything about CP or its connection with PN. As to treatments I am currently taking Lyrica and Tramadol that is helping to reduce the pain levels. When all this started it was thought that I had tarsal tunnel (which is like CP but in the foot) and I was prescribed Arthrotec that is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug similar to ibuprofen that did nothing for the pain. When my symptoms came on in the other foot my GP diagnosed PN and I was referred to a neurologist who prescribed the Lyrica. I am currently waiting for further tests at my local hospital. All I can offer is that you seek the advice of a good neurologist and work out with him/her a treatment plan. And make sure that you get good and effective pain management. I am sorry that you had such bad side effects with the Gabapentin, I am suffering side effects with Lyrica but I am staying with it because it gives me pain relief.
Lupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote