View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 05:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am fascinated by medical things. It's one thing that makes my own disease easier to take, in a weird way. I really have gathered a lot of information over these past few years because of the reading I've done trying to understand what's wrong with me. For some reason, my brain retains this sort of stuff, while other fields of knowledge (like history) just trickle through my head.

The New York Times occasionally runs diagnostic contests. The last one, I came pretty close--I figured it was a glycogen storage disorder, but didn't know which one.

I grew up without a television, and we've raised our own kids without one (our concern wasn't so much bad influences as whether we'd be able to stop ourselves from wasting time with it--some people handle television very well, but we didn't think we could. Just a personal decision). Anyway, I do watch House on the internet, but it's a guilty pleasure. While I was getting my infusions, I spent the whole time watching medical dramas. I noticed that IVIg sure comes up a lot...

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nightcrawler (03-05-2012)