View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwalton View Post
I am not a woman, but I have what is known as Parsonage Turner Syndrome, or also known as Neuralgic Amyotrophy. One of the impacts I have with this is that my long thoracic nerve damage has caused both of my scapula to "wing". It is a bit worse on the right than left. Long thoracic nerve palsy can be caused by PTS, or other things. Do you know a cause for your case? If it is related to PTS/NA- or maybe they mentioned Brachial Neuritis? Then there is a support group on Facebook.
Thank you so much for responding to my thread. It has been a little complicated. I had a sports injury (softball) when I was in my 20's and had a complete tear of the rotator cuff. The dx: at that time was not good since then I had gained most all function and rom back. Later had to have surgery again due to dislocations but two years after the 2nd surgery the dislocations started again after a mass showed up on my back left shoulder blad. This was removed and it was not cancer how ever they did feel that at first I sufferd from Parsonage Turner Syndrome but later the Neuro team after several test found that my Long Thoracic nerve had stoped working all together and that it was not from Parsonage turner sydrome. They are really not sure what the caused the Nerve to stop working weather it be the compresion of the mass, the trauma to that shoulder but it doesnt look as if it is going to come back and I continue to fight inflamation and muscle spasms. So any information would be great!

Thanks
jawell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote