View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't use any kind of brace. My balance problems aren't like my knees give out on me...I just have a tendency to fall to the side (usually to my right) and I am really unsteady when I don't have anything to hold on to. My legs don't shake and get the tremors as much as they used to since I've gotten the strength back (they still do sometimes but just not as often)...so that's something. But the balance problems continue and just seem to come out of no where sometimes.

I don't think that I personally would risk holding a child with my balance problems. My boyfriend's nephew is such a great kid and he loves me...but we settle for him sitting next to me on the couch or me sitting down on the floor with him. I just wouldn't want to risk either one of use getting hurt and he understands. He's only 3 now and was just a baby when I first started having problems...but he is so gentle with me. I can't imagine being a mother and being afraid to pick up my child. That has got to be so tough. But it sounds like you have a great boy who loves you and you clearly love him. That is really all that matter.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote