View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yep, I've had them -- but, I'm not sure what brought them on. Well, a couple of times I had them during walks -- but, I was "conditioned" and had walked that amount BEFORE without any problem. So, I don't know WHY on a particular day and time I suddenly had a problem. My "spells" seem to last less than 15 minutes -- and they usually seem to involve my breathing as well. I mean I am UBER aware of my breathing during these times. I have found it best just to STOP, become completely motionless, even close my eyes if possible, and concentrate on breathing. I usually just lie on the floor. The weakness seems to lift as it came -- BAM!! Suddenly I'm ok. (But, tired for the rest of the day.) Strange, huh?

It happened one time at my docs -- and the nurse couldn't find a pulse (I have low BP, anyway). I got rather WOOZY that time -- but, I didn't lay down like I normally would. My doc checked me for POTS -- but, I was ok. (I've worn a Holter monitor and had EKGs -- nothing wrong with my heart.) Just another mysterious day in the life of MG.
Stellatum (02-28-2012)