View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well said, Alice.

I have to agree that the most offensive things done to me were via prejudice, arrogance and malicious intent. Though I have to say that the ineffective ER doctors I have encountered were as traumatic to me as well. I wouldn't wish what you've been through on anyone. It's so horrid.

I saw a commercial today for an acid blocker (I won't give them the satisfaction of giving the name of their product here). They showed a doctor in a white coat using a jack hammer. Basically, the voice-over said that you wouldn't want a doctor doing your job, so why would you try to do a doctor's job. My blood pressure nearly skyrocketed.

First, we all need stomach acid. It's natural and necessary. Second, they push acid blockers like candy onto patients without telling them of the consequences like low iron, protein, calcium and B12, increased inflammation and infection, putrefaction of food in the GI tract and on and on. Third, if all doctors actually did their jobs well, we wouldn't have to attempt to figure out our own health problems. Fourth, breaking up concrete is slightly different than doctoring patients! One job works with inanimate objects while the other works with real, animated ones. And the cement's health does not depend upon what the construction worker does or does not do.

I was so utterly offended by that commercial that I feel another book coming on.

Stop trying to control us, drug companies, and start controlling yourselves!

I better stop there.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rach73 (03-01-2012)