View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
Welcome to the forum.

It's awesome that your wife can help you to calm down so the symptoms do not get worse.

Have you learned any relaxation techniques that you can do when she's not around that might be able to help you?

Have you noticed what activities or things might be triggering your symptoms?

A lot of us here avoid overstimulation because it can trigger symptoms for us - like watching too much TV, or watching a suspense movie or something like that. (I have found HGTV mind-numbingly relaxing.)

Most of us also avoid caffeine and alcohol because they can make us worse too.

Your body or brain might just be trying to heal and needs some time. Try to rest, relax and take it easy so your cells can work towards recovering.
Esther

Thanks for the heads up on what most of you do to try to avoid the symptoms. I don't drink alcohol but still drink 2 cups of coffee and 1 pop a day. It kind of makes sense about to much tv because the one day i was watching it and the symptoms came on. I am still trying to figure what triggers my symptoms.My wife thinks I should stop my trading in the stock market. She feels that trading on top of going to work everyday isn't helping. So I am now not trading as much to see what happens.
I haven't tried any relaxation techniques. I usually try to walk and talk to someone. That seems to help get me back to earth and functioning again. I take it 1 day at a time.

Thank you again for your reply
bveider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote