View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 10:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My daughter (8) went to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis, MN. They were SO good with her. She had a "fresh" case (about 2 months); when I first called they told me their waiting list was months long for their pain program, but when I explained what the probable diagnosis was (being that I had a history of RSD myself), they got her in within DAYS. They were open to medication, although my daugther wasn't (though she did use the patches on her foot). They had a PT program that worked with her (made everything a "game" to appeal to the kids), as well as psychotherapy--they really worked as a team to come at it from all angles. They even had social workers willing to advocate for her with school modifications. I just can't say enough good things about her treatment there. No egos....just a team of people trying their best to help give kids a quality of life. LOVED it! She recovered quickly; I don't know the program statistics but I think they have pretty good success with kids. Granted, my daugther only had this for a couple of months before treatment started so it was probably much easier to treat. But I do know that this team would go above and beyond to help kids get better in whatever way they can, and they are there to support the families every step of the way. Really, really, really loved it there.
Millerprof is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote