View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 06:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Once the paperwork's done...

things for IVIG DO move quickly! The 'usual' way things go is that you get a package [of IVIG & supplies] messengered to your door the day before infusions. Keep in mind that 'Someone' will have to be home to sign for that delivery. Break open the box and refrigerate the IVIG, keep the rest of the supplies in the box. If you are sent a portable pump, just plug it in the nite before you'll be using it to charge. Otherwise you may need to sit near an outlet or use a heavy duty extension cord.... IVIG should NEVER EVER be administered by a gravity drip! [A bag on a hook w/o a pump] That's outlined on every IVIG 'prescribing' information sheet I've ever seen.
Also, be sure to read the LABEL! Make sure that Alan's name and the 'product and dose' are clearly listed on that label...Mistakes can and are made, tho not often.
One aspect you have to work around is that co-ordinating YOUR schedule and the nurse's schedule can become tricky at times. Once a 'routine' is set up, things should shake out. I for one, schedule EVERYTHING ELSE around my infusion dates! A doc wants to see me that day? NO CAN DO! No ands, ifs, or buts.
A&D ointment? Great stuff, but soo gloopy and sticky! It does work tho. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote