View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Worst case, you should be able to get all of the medical leave you have earned plus any vacation days. Otherwise, your value to them as an employee will be the deciding factor.

Did the drunk that hit you have insurance and/or assets? Sounds like your losses should exhaust any liability insurance he had. Your lost wages included.

The anxiety issue is not necessarily fixable by a therapist. There is plenty of anxiety that is a result of how the brain behaves from a physiological basis. There are two ways you can approach it. CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) can help you with the anxiety that is thought based. The physiological anxiety needs to be attacked by moderating your environment and activities.

Your PCS brain over-reacts to stimulation by releasing adrenaline. This increases how your brain processes any stimulus, whether it is conscious thought or physiological responses.

Learning to avoid the environmental stimuli is a very important skill for those of us with PCS to learn.

The apathy and depression are part and parcel to PCS. Many of us treat it with meds that also help with the anxiety symptoms. The depression caused by pain is another issue. I hope you can find some relief from the pain.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote