View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 06:20 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Anathesia is a key here...

In all my readings, I've learned that some folks have really bad reactions to some knock out drops. Anyone with any demeyelinating condition can be 'sensitive' in this area.

Having had 2 surgeries last year, and knowing this, I first made it very clear to the SURGEON that this could be a touchy issue. At the pre-op interview w/the anathes. I make it again very clear that I'd heard it could be an issue and clearly STATE I have a "DEMEYELINATING" condition, such as MS...THEN [and this is kind of fun] You see them re-playing Side effects/demeyelinating Class 101 in their brains..then go..OH, OK.

Also be sure to be SUPER hydrated before and just after surgery. Before to make it easy to 'stick' you, after to flush out the residual effects of the anathesia.

My experience of it all was that even tho I'd been surged, the first few moments of coming-to just after were FABULOUS, as there was no PN pain, nor any pain...it comes back, but I savor those few moments as my overall goal. - j

PS of course, speaking a complete, understandable sentence for a while after is a different story!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote