View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, thanks so much. Look what I found:
http://www.medpagetoday.com/Infectio...Vaccines/31235

The body's circadian clock times the immune response. My clock seems to be about an hour ahead of those mice's, because theirs peaks at 7:00, and I typically get what feels like "surges of antibodies" at around 5:00 or 6:00.

This article even says that it's known that rheumatoid arthritis is worse at certain times of the day, and now we know why.

It's so helpful to me just to know that the immune response goes up and down during the course of the day, because that's sure what it feels like!

Yes, my MG is definitely worse these days. My neuro is increasing my Imuran and I'm going to have a course of IVIg--with the possibility of a booster or maintenance dose before things get this bad again. We talked about steroids, but I don't want to try them until I'm sure these other things won't work, and he thought that was sensible.

Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
This was describe by Marry Walker (the woman physician who discovered neostigmine/mestinon). In fact from this clinical observation she concluded that "the paralysis in myasthenia must be due to a positive toxic substance produced in the course of muscular activity"

Surprisingly, modern MG experts (including those considered leaders in the field) are not aware of this, and have never seen this before. Or possibly they did, and just called it "collapse like episodes" as a result of some ill-defined emotional problems. (like one leading expert I have encountered).

To me this means that your MG is taking its natural course and is not under good control , so you need more aggressive treatment.

Also, make sure they check the levels of potassium. Low levels of potassium are easy to correct, and can lead to worsening of MG.
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alice md (02-29-2012), jana (02-29-2012)