View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Abby, are you SURE you aren't having breathing "issues" with these weak episodes? I had bad asthma as a child. It seemed to disappear until I was about college age. When it AGAIN reared its ugly head, I didn't realize WHAT it was. I didn't know I was having trouble breathing -- I just knew that I felt BAD! It took an astute pediatrician and his trusty stethescope to tell me I was wheezing. Epinephrine in his office (hate this stuff) followed QUICKLY!!

So, I would ask YOU -- are you having any OTHER signs of breathing difficulties during these episodes -- such as the ones that Susan mentioned -- like tingly sensations -- or MY "favorite", a POUNDING heart???

BTW, I don't "blame" my neuros for not catching this kinda stuff (periodic weakness). I believe that neuros have FAR more illnesses/disorders to keep track of than OTHER specialties. It seems to me that they should "split" the specialty. I know that they often DO on their own -- like some only do migraines, some do neuro-muscular, some do strokes, some do traumatic brain injuries, etc. But, it would be NICE if the AMA would "recognize" the NEED for a REAL division in the specialties. (As far as I know, there is only one board certification.) Oh well, me just trying to "run" things again. Typical "type A" -- LOL!!!