Thread: MG and gluten
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's the fallacy - MOST people with CD DON'T have digestive issues. It's called "Silent" Celiac Disease; 97% of people who have CD don't know that they have it because they don't have the "typical" symptoms of CD.

The CD groups are doing a good job of getting the "facts" out to doctors, but it's still in the early stages - it's hard to change what you've always "known", even though newer information is out there.

Our daughter was diagnosed with CD in 2008, and we've been GF ever since. It gets easier as time goes on, and you become more accustomed to eating GF.

The reason that you don't "crave" foods any more is because your body is finally absorbing ALL of the nutrients that you are taking in. I lost 40 pounds without changing anything OTHER than eliminating gluten. (When I started on steroids, I gained some of that back, but my "shape" is different - I seem to have more muscle mass than fat now)

And I always tell anyone who will listen that any "diet" that lets me eat Snickers and drink Coke is A-OK in my book.....
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote