View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 02:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, ladies.

My insurance is covering 80% of the cost. The testing is very expensive, so I am still going to have to pay a good chunk of change out of pocket. My MDS said that this testing is more conclusive than what they do at 23 and me. I asked her about that because I had heard that was free. I still may go ahead and do the whole 23 and me thing anyways. Is it conclusive, or does it just give you a percentage of how likely you are to develop a syndrome?

All I know is that yesterday when I saw my Neuro, he said that I definitely have some type of parkinsonian syndrome. Guess it is just trying to figure out which one. At least I know that it isn't all in my head. After that negative DaTscan, I just didn't know what to think anymore!

The PINK 1 sounds so much like me. Young onset, symmetrical early in onset, dystonia from onset; including cervical dystonia which I have, exercise induced dystonia, issues with lower extremities, a good response to carbidopa/levodopa. I read more, but can't remember everything I read. The things that I just mentioned are the things that define my experience almost perfectly! I don't want to put all of my eggs in one basket here, but I hope this gives me an answer.

I will keep you posted on the results. My appt. to follow up on the results is scheduled for March 21st. Can't get here soon enough!
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pizza (12-22-2013)