View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Tongue Houdini-- who everyone thought was a HE....

Is a SHE...

Verified today. The owner had problems with sexing him/her,
the Vet had problems when he/she was small...

And now today, taking him/her in for her/his 3rd CORE vaccine booster... there were NO testicles...no other external signs of being a male!

So she is getting spayed next Wednesday!

We are in a confusion whether to keep the name.
He/she came to it and accepted it first day at our home.
Houdini was a feral outside cat only... so getting this kitten used to a home was a challenge.

But over time, he/she has been very nice and learned homelife quickly and easily! I really don't want to change the name at this time.

Two options present themselves:
A friend suggested:
Houdinita -- meaning cute Houdini ( a Spanish derivative)

Hubby suggested Houdinia (sounds like a flower...LOL) more of a classical Latin name.

I've been calling him/her Houdeen...lately...so this might work.

I want a name somewhat different from Oreo and Weezie.

In a way I am relieved. I thought to pick a female from this litter, and only accepted this kitten because of its exceptional personality. The Vet and tech there both said he/she was wonderful to get the blood work and handle. And I agree, Houdini is a special sweet thing!

Any thoughts?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (02-29-2012), Dejibo (03-07-2012), Kitty (02-29-2012), Lara (03-07-2012)