View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochagirl13 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if it truly is being better than dead. The book says don't sweat the small things but these small things can add up and lead to bigger things. I am a sleeper also. Before MS, I could sleep all day and night on long weekends. Now I just lay in my bed most nights looking at the darkness and praying for sleep. I don't sit on my couch and watch tv anymore. I lay down. What is it about being horizontal?
mocha, I am 60, and don`t get me wrong but I had better things planned for retirement. Perhaps age has softened the blow for me? I have no idea how old you are, but I do understand that MS affects more people in the 20 - 40 year old age range.

My onset wasn`t until my early 50`s and I saw enough of life to know there are no guarantees. I had family members and friends die way before their time, some never really had a chance to know or guide their kids.

I got to see mine graduate from High School, I have one in college now that I help and another that lives at home I can try to steer in a good direction in life. I had my fun prior to my illness, for me this is just another bump in the road of life, I try to laugh at them all.

I don`t spend much time feeling sorry for myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXWvKDSwvls

"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (02-29-2012), Kitty (02-29-2012), SallyC (02-29-2012)