View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's exactly it! I sink very gracefully to a squatting position. It looks like I'm doing it on purpose. I end up on the floor a lot, sometimes many times in a day (a bad day), but in the two and a half years I've had this disease, I've never actually fallen (though I've crashed into a lot of walls and such).

Re: journaling: I thought that I was paying good attention to triggers and such, and that writing everything down wouldn't reveal anything new. One of the things I did was give a rating on a scale of one to ten of how much physical activity I'd done that day, and a rating on a scale of one to ten of how bad my symptoms were in general. Then I made a line graph (OK, I'm sort of a geek. I really like graphs). Wow, was that ever eye-opening! There was a very strong correlation between the how bad my symptoms were and how much physical stuff I'd done in the previous two days. Way more than I'd realized.

If you are having female cycles (I'm guessing you're a woman only because you mentioned you're 107 pounds), write that down in your journal, too. Many people with myasthenia (and maybe other neuromuscular diseases--I don't really know) notice that hormonal changes are a big trigger. They are for me. Two days before the end of each cycle, I tend to get much worse for a few days.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote