View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
What to do? Few options.
That is usually what PN is all about. Pn can have causes and are categorized simply as: Tramautic, Toxic and Hereditary. Within those three categories there are over 200 different types. If you read all the 'stickies' at the top of this forum, you will see that diagnosing PN let alone WHICH TYPE is a challenge! Sometimes the HOW of PN, is clear and direct, as in trauma [car accidents or spinal deteriorations] or toxins [chemo, poisons or alcohol] BUT keep in mind that we are HUMANS and don't live in laboratory environments that make cases for clear cut causes and effects.
So the WHY part? First settle on learning about How things happened/are happening...that understanding helps with the coping of living with PN.
WHAT TO DO? Read, learn, choose what may or may not be effective in helping you not only live with it all, but to ultimately heal.
Back to the WHY thing, how is this different from the WHYs of folks getting Cancers, MS, PD or other illnesses? The thing is IT'S HERE, let's deal with it. In a way I'm grateful that I've the PN/CIDP and not something worse....that knowledge helps me get thru each day with a better attitude than living in misery [and PN IS miserable] Thing is, it's very RARE to actually have a clear-cut WHY for anyone.
Learn from the folks here, read as many prior posts as you can asorb and I'll bet you will find that a lot of your questions have been asked and answered [as best as we all can] before. There's always new stuff going on tho, never know who will find some solution to one of our problems!
For the meantime, I wish each of you at least ONE pain-free moment today! - j
Great! Just what I wanted to hear! Seriously though, I have pretty much come to the conclusion you suggested: There may be no cure just simply treating what can be treated, treating the symptoms and learning to live with it.

And I also wish all of us pain-free moments. They're very precious.

Barbara