Thread: CoQ10
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Start with a CoQ10 Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Mom View Post
I am wondering what brand of CoQ10 everyone is taking. There are so many on the market that I am unsure what would be my best option and which brands are most effective.
More important than the brand is to get tested before you start CoQ10.

I spoke with my ND today about CoQ10 because my test result showed I was low.

I got a 'prescription' to eat red meat (from a naturopath!) because it is most concentrated natural resource with CoQ10. She said to be careful in looking for a good butcher where the livestock aren't fed the bad hormones.

I had backed away from red meat because of the hormone issues in the news. Little did I know I was depleting myself of CoQ10, and putting my heart in jeopardy.

Some meat has more CoQ10 than others, so consider that, too.

I had been taking supplements only, no meat, but absorption seemed weak. I suspect absorption from food will be better than supplements.

I asked her when I should get retested. She suggested six months. I asked the cost of the isolated CoQ10 test (because mine was in a package test), and she said $70.

Considering how important CoQ10 is in many respects (heart, liver, etc.), I don't think that's a lot.

I'd recommend the CoQ10 test to everyone. It'll help us avoid taking too little meat/supplements, and make sure it doesn't get too high.

NeuroLogic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (02-29-2012)