View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Grin Healing

Hey friends, I am new to this board. I have been going through PCS for almost a year now (March 3 will be the anniversary of the day I hit my head). I am a preacher so this has really shaken me and has utterly brought me to the depths of despair. It started a week after I hit my head. I would describe it as hell on Earth. I had extreme anxiety, depression, migrane headaches, OCD, confusion, no good feelings, and horrible thoughts. I had the words of Jeremiah the prophet,"Cursed is the day that I was born" in my heart. It got so bad that this past month I almost died. The doctor told me on February 1, 2012 that my body entered flight or fight mode, 24/7, even when I slept. He said that I had to literally reverse the chemicals in my brain, regenerate dead brain cells and neurotransmitters. However, he did say that I was going to live and talk about this one day. They wanted to put me on prozac, but, I did research on it and decided not to. I was at my wits end and last hope. I decided to do my healing the natural way. I stopped eating fast food, processed food and red meat. I started eating everything organic and researched brain super foods that brought healing to the brain. Within three days, I saw a significant difference. Then I added all natural raw milk to my diet. I read that raw milk is actually nature's perfect food and regenerates brain cells. You just have to find a farm that has a license to sell it. Just a few days after that I had everything get better. I also added working out to my regime. The brain needs blood flow to heal so working out helps alot. I also only drink Alkaline water. I am taking Beyond Omega-3 Better brain Vitamins from Garden of Life, B-complex and St. John's wort. I also take RAW Meal Supplement by Garden of Life. I am now on day 28 of actually doing something to get better and now everything is getting better. I am dealing with the OCD part of this still, although it has slowed down tremendously. I know that I am going to get fully healed in the next month. God is faithful. I thank Him for showing me the way to get healed.

Your diet has a huge role in your healing. Many of the processed foods have chemicals in them that alter and damage brain function. Stay away from things with MSG and high-fructose corn syrup. Really, anything artificial well not do well for your brain. Anyone who has an ear let them hear.

I am not a doctor. Just one who seeks the truth in everything and a fellow sufferer of the horrible post-concussion syndrome. May Christ be with you in the time of sufferings.
Matt in Texas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adougall70 (12-13-2013), budeb (03-18-2014), MommaBear (07-18-2012), poetrymom (01-01-2014), Steve-Vancity (08-28-2014), Su seb (03-15-2013)