Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You
I'm chuckling, because we RARELY call our cats by their real names anyway. We refer to them by their names, as in "Where's Cindy?" But either we stupidize their names (we called Ivy "Ivy McBivey", we call Cindy "Sidney", we call Peach "Peacherooni" or "Squeaky") or my husband calls them whatever comes to his mind. Nothing bad, but he'll call them Charlie Brown, or some nonsense thing like, "Hey, what do you think you're doing, you Hindu carpetbagger?" (true story)
LOL I have to laugh. I call Weezie, DaWeez, Weeziedeezie, and the Weezo. (she makes a sound...like weeeeeoooooo when she is excited and playing or if you ask her if she is hungry etc).
Hubby calls her The Weasel because when she was young she was long and thin like a Weasel.

Oreo is just Oreo....but sometimes we call her oooooouu..oou...because of the sound she makes when she wants to go outside.

Houdini has been, Hoodeen, and Houdiniweenie so far.
I call Weezie also baby, and Houdini baby. I guess I won't be so guilty about Houdiniweenie now. I think it is the WHO sound she likes. But I've noticed that when I call Weezie! Weezie! Weezie! in short eager tones to get Weezie to come, Houdini ALWAYS comes.
I used to call Tippy--- Tippppeeeeeee! with a rise in tone, and Oreo always came to that call!

Tippy was alternately called TippyToes, and Tips.
And hubby used to call Sheba, Pork Chop and the Big Bag of Protoplasm.

I always thought this was unfair. I had called her at times, Sheebs, and Sheebeeweebee.

I guess tone of voice and emotion is what they all sort of respond to. I use a special tone with the cats, sort of like baby talk...simple, higher pitched. That way they know we are talking to THEM and not doing human stuff. Houdini is really a love bug, and loves attention and petting. Weez is less petting oriented, and fussy about her "fur" getting mussed up. But lately I've noticed she lets us pet her more. We had a cat decades ago that died of cancer of thyroid. She was loving like Houdini is too. Our son just adored her when he was a baby, and she was so patient with him. It is so nice having Houdini like that again!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-01-2012), Dejibo (03-07-2012), Kitty (03-01-2012), Lara (03-07-2012)