View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diagnosed w/ Chiari - Am I developing Syringomyelia or new CM symptoms?

My main question: if your MRI finds you have a chiari malformation and no syrinx can one develop later on? And what new symptoms would arise?

My experience:
I was diagnosed with having a 7mm Chiari but no syringomyelia three years ago after four years of terrible pain, strange symptoms and misdiagnosis. I was grateful to finally have an explanation. Tried many medications and had many steroid injections into my spine. Eventually I lost my job due to my having many doctor appointments and the side effects of all the medications and lost my health insurance. I have not seen a doctor in over two years. The pain has become severe to where I spend days in bed. I constantly feel as if I've just been hit in the back of the head, pain in my eyes, tingling in various areas of my scalp, face, ears and neck. I am having more trouble with my balance when walking. I choke on food and saliva no matter how careful I am. I have almost no sensitivity to heat in my fingers (I have burned myself and not even known it). Vision problems are getting worse. It's driving me a little crazy at this point. I am currently trying to save the money to get a new MRI, I can not get a neurologist, pain management or neurosurgeon to see me without having testing done within the past six months.

I am looking for info and people to talk to, without being able to do much I've spent too much time thinking about it all recently. I'm also afraid of spending my money on a doctor that isn't experienced in chiari, so if anyone knows of a great doctor in Texas preferably near Fort Worth please let me know

Thanks ahead of time for your response!
lori del sol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote